Thursday, December 13, 2012

Goals for Christmas Break

In between making Christmas gifts for friends and making up lost time on commissions, I will be busy busy busy preparing designs for Omega.

I failed NaNoWriMo even more epically this year.  At least last year when I wrote, I made it to 10K words before failing.  But 3K words into Omega this year and I decided the alternate planet scenario had to go.

For those of you unfamiliar with Omega in general, it was originally a planet that also had human life and it was located in the Andromeda Galaxy.  I decided that due to the names, places and languages I'd potentially have to make up, it was not feasible for me to have Omega be a planet.

So I thought, why not parallel earth, a different dimension.  So Omega is an earth, with many similarities and a few differences.  The map is going to be different and so are some of the creatures.

I get the opportunity to use an older piece of software to render the houses for my manga.  I'm not awesome at drawing 3D spaces so at least for now this one will be good to use despite it's Windows 95 origin.  But I have to wait to take it home since it doesn't work on windows 7 and still manages to work on Vista (which my mom possesses on her desktop).  So yay!  Plans.

I hope to have some shots of the floor plans for you here since no one sees floor plans in a manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment